ODK Collect Permissions
The ODK Collect application requires permissions to access device resources.
- If your device runs a version of Android below 6, you will be prompted to accept all of the permissions on app install.
- If your device runs Android 6 or above, permissions will be requested as they are needed.
If you deny the permission, you will be shown a dialog explaining why the permission is needed.
The only permission that is required for using Collect is the storage permission and it will be requested on first launch on Android 6+. Other permissions may or may not be needed depending on the forms and features you will need.
Changing permissions from settings in Android 6+
If you are setting up Collect for someone who is not familiar with Android, you may want to make sure all required permissions are granted in advance.
To do this:
- Open the Settings application and tap on the Apps heading.
- You should now see a list of all your installed applications.
- Scroll down to find ODK Collect and tap on it to see details about Collect.
- Tap on the Permissions heading.
- You can now grant all of the permissions that will be needed.
You can also use Settings application to grant a permission after denying it or to revoke a previously-granted permissions.